Boiling a chicken carcass or some beef knuckles is an important thing to know how to do. You can get a great quantity of delicious and nutritious broth to use while cooking rice, making a soup, or just to enjoy on its own. You can learn more about doing it the proper way here at our video.
But sometimes I am out of fresh broth, or don't have time to deal with un-thawing frozen broth. Enter...the easiest broth ever.
This is so easy you can make it a couple times a day without any trouble. The whole thing takes about 3 minutes!
- 1 T Great Lakes unflavored beef gelatin 'collagen joint care' (find online or at some health food stores)
- A few dashes of ground black pepper
- A few dashes of garlic powder
- Two generous pinches rock sea salt, or several dashes of fine sea salt
- Set 12 oz. of water to boil
- When it's near to boiling, add 1 T cold or room temp. water to your mug
- Add the 1 T gelatin and mix immediately
- Add the pepper, salt and garlic
- Pour in the boiled water and stir
This is a nice, savory cup of broth with many health benefits:
- The salt is good to boost to a healthy level of blood pressure and circulation in (common) cases of low adrenal function. It can give you a little pick-me-up.
- The gelatin powder has a good amount of protein (11 grams) needed to steady our blood sugar.
- Gelatin also has many beneficial amino acids, including glycine, which is calming, and glutamine, which helps heal the gut lining.
- Fluids: we all need more, right? Two cups a day gets you 24 more oz., giving you energy and flushing out waste.
I am currently experimenting to see if two mugs a day will help my lower bowel function. Many people report healthier hair and nails as well.
Do you have any broth experiences to share?