If you haven't yet discovered the pure delight of parsnips, now is the time!
This easy mash takes no time at all, and your guests will find you very fancy.
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into big chunks
- 4 parsnips, peeled and cut into big chunks
- 3/4 leek, cut into thin slices (avoid possible dirt in upper leek)
- 1 cup bone broth or water
- about 2 T butter
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon of each)
- Set the broth or water to boil in a medium, covered pot.
- Add leeks, carrots, parsnips.
- Boil covered on medium until totally soft. Add butter.
- Use immersion blender to mash until smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender, you can dump all ingredients into your external food processor to blend.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste, and mix well.
- Serve, optionally, each portion in a little serving cup, topped with a dash of nutmeg. Delicious!
- Makes about 5 servings.