Mira Dessy is the Ingredient Guru and a Houston area resident whose home was flooded in Hurricane Harvey. She is a practicing holistic nutritionist and meditation expert.
She’ll share both how she remediated her home and some of the emotional and physical health challenges she handled with nutrition, supplements and mindfulness.
- The DIY actions she is taking to restore her home
- How a community can come together in a crisis
- The symptoms she’s noticing right after the hurricane
- The emotional toll of losing your possessions and your home
- How even junky food, given with love, can be nourishing!
- How to kick a sugar habit if you’ve relied on it through a disaster
- The supplements Mira uses to stay healthy
- How quick and simple meditations can help for sleep and stress
Today we are raffling a copy of Mira’s new book, Beyond Meditation: Making Mindfulness Accessible for Everyone.
Download notes from this interview HERE.
Get Mira Dessy's free ebook: Eating Out Healthy
Moisture Meter - to make sure all surfaces are dry enough before beginning the rebuilding process
To learn more about Mira Dessy, visit her website here and follow her on social media:
Please enjoy these articles from our friends Trudy Scott from Every Woman Over 29 and Jodi Cohen of Vibrant Blue Oils:
Tomorrow we’ll have our final day of Mold Week with Ryan James, teaching you how to get the most out of an insurance claim. Home remediation can be quite costly; let Ryan keep you from get the short end of the stick from your insurance company.
Audio Only Version
If you are on the go or have a poor internet connection, it will be more reliable to play the following audio-only version.