Our guest this week is Dr. Ann Shippy, MD, and we talk about mold toxicity and her approach to treating it.
Dr. Shippy is a former Chemical Engineer at IBM. She got sick and became frustrated that conventional medicine wasn't able to solve her health ailments. She sought possibilities on how to heal her body and decided to go to medical school.
She attended University of Texas Medical School and now has a thriving practice in Austin, Texas. She combines traditional medicine testing and functional testing to treat her patients.
In this interview we talk about:
- How long she has been practising
- How she got into treating mold
- Symptoms of mold toxicity
- What other ailments she treats in her clinic
- Who she treats (and the ages of her patients)
- And so much more
Dr Shippy's educational background:
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Board Certified in Functional Medicine
- Doctorate in Medicine – University of Texas
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering – Washington University
- Master of Science in Engineering – Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
She is also the author of two books:
- Mold Toxicity Workbook: Assess your Environment & Create a Recovery Plan
- Shippy Paleo Essentials: A Medical Blueprint for Health
To learn more about her, visit her site here.
To get a new interview delivered to your phone weekly, subscribe to our podcast at iTunes or through most podcast players.
If you have not yet joined our community, we sure to grab our hidden Hormone stressors quiz here, and come on board!
You are welcome to leave your comments below or to share this blog on social media!